Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 5, April 9, 2013

4 cases today. everyone did well. The post op patients are progressing well in physical therapy and are happy. I keep waiting for the crisis which never appears.
A few of the OR team suffered some GI distress, but all made it to the OR and the cases were completed without any delays. Cipro is a magical antibiotic!
Once again, the Veracruz nurses on the 4th floor had the patients ready for surgery. They have been an amazing group. They have enthusiastically absorbed the information our team has provided.  Their response has made me believe that our long term goal of a self-sustaining program might actually be achievable.
 Everyone is  a bit tired, so it is early to bed.  Tomorrow is a big day.  The last day in the OR. We plan 3 cases.  There is a ceremony to celebrate the delivery of the truck load of supplies and a day of lectures in the big medical school lecture hall. Esme has translated a statement for me to give, so I have to practice a bit.
Everyday I look around at this team and am reminded what incredible people they are.
How fortunate I am to be here!










No comments:

Post a Comment